httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forbidden , You don't have permission to access / on this server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:15:11 GMT
Sachin Narale wrote:
>I have a strange situation here with apache-2.0.43; I am starting
> to get the 403 Forbidden error, when I try to access my page.

Check what the error log says.

> DocumentRoot /root/eadz/

That is a *really* strange place for a doc root.

> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
>   Order Deny,Allow
> </Files>

Eh? Why do you want everyone to be able to access your .htaccess files etc?
Change that to "Order Allow,Deny". See documentation for the Order
directive:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html#order

> <Directory /root/eadz/>
>  Order Deny,Allow
>  #Allow from
> </Directory>

Ok, you have configured so that anyone should be able to access your doc
root. However, does the Apache user have permissions to read the files in
that directory? I guess not, as unless you messed around with permissions,
only root should have access to the /root directory, and you should not run
Apache as root.

Regards,
Robert Andersson