httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd and htacess more help please :°°°
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:55:41 GMT
[plain text, please...]

helen mac ginn wrote:
> Thank's Rob helpig me i just tryied:
> "/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/htpasswd"
> "c:/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/htpasswd"
> and:
> "c:Programm/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/htpasswd"

What is the true path to the password file? Maybe you should have:

AuthUserFile "c:/Programm/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/htpasswd"

> but it seams that likethat dosent work.I just log on my web
> page without any request of user or password.

That sounds weird, unless the username/password has been cached by the
browser. Try close it between tests. Otherwise, please post your relevant
config and access/error log items.

Regards,
Robert Andersson