httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE : [users@httpd] Stuck trying to mod_disk_cache local cgi content
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:47:21 GMT
Could you put your virtual host into LogLevel debug and post the relevant parts of the error_log??

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Roger [mailto:crosseyedpenguin@cox.net]
Envoyé : dimanche 17 octobre 2004 21:24
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] Stuck trying to mod_disk_cache local cgi content

Hi,

I have a python cgi application which modifies .jpg files on the fly. I
am trying to implement disk caching for these images. I am running
Windows/XP with Apache 2.0.52.

The html pages created refer to the images as if they were .jpg images
and I use a rewrite rule to transform the request into a cgi get
request. So my first change was to just change the rewrite rule to force
a proxy request:
    RewriteRule (^/dra/DRA_.*)___(.*)_(.*)(\.jpg$)
http://mysite.org/webkit/dra/ShowPix\?pid=$2\&tn=$3 [P,L]

(The original purpose of the above rule was to provide a pretty default
file name should the user right-click and do a save as.)

Per the docs, I loaded the modules and created the proxy and disk
caching statements:
    LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

    ProxyRequests Off
    <ProxyMatch .*>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </ProxyMatch>
    LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
        CacheRoot c:/ApacheCache
        CacheSize 1000000
        CacheEnable disk /
        CacheDirLevels 5
        CacheDirLength 3

The result of the above is that Apache is caching some local .css, and
.js files but is not caching the .jpg files covered by the rewrite rule.
I plan on turning off the .css and .js caching with the proxymatch
directive later.

The script creating the .jpg images puts out headers for
('cache-control','max-age=3600') and the browsers I am testing with (IE,
Mozilla, Opera) all cache the images successfully. So everything appears
to be working OK except the .jpg files are not cached by Apache.

Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Roger