httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Redirected URL query string being lost
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:30:40 GMT
Steffen Heil wrote:
> I am doing the following:
> I have a form, which has no action property, do the form is
> submitted to the same url.

Note that "action" is a REQUIRED attribute; if you leave it out, your markup
is not valid (X)HTML.

> There I evaluate the POST/GET Parameters and the Redirect
> to another page, basically saying "thank you" or "error occured".
> I use code 302 redirects.
>
> No, does this mean, the user agend should resend???

According to the HTTP specification, it does mean that, but I don't know if
all user agents behave that way. If you think about it, it makes sense. A
30x return code means that the resource requested is at another URI.

>> Now I only have to go rewrite all sites I've made :-(
>> I'll see you guys in a couple of years...
>
> I hope this was not ment for real, I would need to do the same, in fact
> I would not even know how to do that correctly in any other way...

Hehe... no, I will probably not do that now. I will however take this into
consideration for current and future projects. The method would be to render
a page as a result of the POST request, and maybe make some mechanism so the
action isn't reperformed.

Regards,
Robert Andersson