httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WAP on Apache 2.0 Win XP
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:54 GMT
Trond Kvarenes wrote:
> But how can that be? I am accessing it from a computer outside the
> network, and I get the page showing in the wap emulator/browser...
>
> H:\>ping 212.4.48.211
>
> Pinging 212.4.48.211 with 32 bytes of data:
>
> Reply from 212.4.48.211: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=123

Let's see:

    $ ping 212.4.48.211

    Pinging 212.4.48.211 with 32 bytes of data:

    Request timed out.

It's obviously first and foremost a network issue. You say that you try from
outside the network, however either that is not true or your firewall have
special rules from the network you do try from. We (I and Owen) do try
connecting from "outside" the network, and fails.

Check all your firewall rules and/or try pinging/accessing from yet another
network.

Regards,
Robert Andersson