httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] POST interruption by client : differences between FireFox and IE ?
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:40:13 GMT
Antoine PICOLET wrote:
> However, when I click the 'stop' button on my browsers while the transfer
> is running (using a very big file), this file is deleted with FireFox, but
> is
> still present when using Internet Explorer. This leads me to believe that,
> somewhere in Apache (since it handles the transfer), things are processed
> differently.

That sounds odd. It might be that IE drops the connection, while Firefox
carries the request through but throw away the result?

To be sure, try putting a sniffer (eg. Ethereal) inbetween the server and
client and record from before the request, to after it has been aborted.
Compare and see if there is any difference. It could be something subtle in
the TCP/IP traffic; HTTP has no machanism for aborting a request.

Regards,
Robert Andersson