httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Content Negotiation and PHP
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:03:02 GMT
Chris Simon wrote:
> And when I first contacted 1&1 to ask them what I should put in
> my .htaccess file, they just replied that they won't help with
> personal development!  Oh well, I'll continue...

In this case, it very much looks like they have a non-standard or faulty
configuration. They might not be aware of the problem, since not many use
content negotiation this way.

As a workaround you can always use mod_rewrite to internally redirect the
requests. IF you do this to avoid the file extension, and not the true
purpose, that is, negotiation.

Specifically:

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^test$ test.php [L]

Or, you can try a more general approach:

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond /your/doc/root%{REQUEST_URI}.php -f
    RewriteRule (.*) $1.php

Regards,
Robert Andersson