httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Content Negotiation and PHP
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:40:38 GMT
Chris Simon wrote:
> In both cases, the browser pops up a Download File dialog box because the
> MIME type is not text/html.

If PHP handles the file, it will reset the Content-Type to text/html, so
this behaviour implies that PHP does not handle it.

The issue here might be that they use a different MIME type, eg.
application/x-httpd-php3 or something, and your AddType overrides that, thus
resulting in PHP not working.

I'm not sure why you should need to use AddType at all, isn't PHP files
already recognized?

I'm with Joshua, the server seems messed up. The giveaway is the 404, while
it still have the Content-location header set correctly.

I suggest you contact the admins so they can look into it. Only they
(hopefully) know how the main server is configured.

Regards,
Robert Andersson