httpd-users mailing list archives

From 贾良玉 <ji...@surekam.com>
Subject [users@httpd] why NOT add compress feature into apache?
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 07:46:24 GMT
Hi, all:

I just wonder why not build compress feature into apache so whenever web browser (like IE)
sends request to server, it can compress the right contents based on MIME types with the right
suitable compress algorithisms, maybe by default, coz most browsers support uncompress algorithisms
which can be embedded into HTTP request header?  This will great benefit both sides (client
and server), plus it saves a lot network bandwidth.  I would like to see this feature build
into all web server, especially into apache.  Any comments?

regards,

Larry