httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Burden" <...@burden.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Linux RPMs + Apache configs
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:26:14 GMT
Check if yum is installed:
rpm -qa | grep yum

Download and install yum:
http://www.shinn.net/pub/Linux/atomic/psa/9/RPMS/
or it should also be on your disks.

Let yum install your PHP stuff and any dependencies:
yum install php

Let yum update all your RPMS:
yum update

It's a good thing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warron French" <wfrench@xtria.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Linux RPMs + Apache configs

Kenneth--
I am running Red Hat 9.0 with kernel 2.4.20-8smp.

Thanks for the feedback.  Can I use yum on Red Hat 9.0?  It doesn't exist on
my system, however I installed webmin on my system yesterday and it appears
to use yum.  I know that sounds confusing, but what I mean is the yum
package is apparently not installed but it is available through use with the
webmin application.

Are you familiar with webmin at all?

Below you said to:

yum install mod_perl     -- in order to install mod_perl

AND

yum install php          -- in order to install mod_php

Did you mean mod_php?

Thanks,
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer