httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Campbell" <sco...@dsoft-tech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Integrating PAM and Apache2 on RHEL3
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:23:18 GMT
Hi all.  This is my first time posting in this group, so please be kind...

I'm having some trouble integrating PAM into Apache2 on my Red Hat
Enterprise Server (v3).

First, our RHEL3 server config is very RPM vanilla (though it is configured
as a member of our Win 2K AD domain using SAMBA).  We've got a section of
our public web that is for employees only, and right now, we're
authenticating using authdb, but we'd rather authenticate using our Linux
accounts (with PAM).

Yesterday, I downloaded PAM for Apache2 from SourceForge, and the following
RPMs (using up2date):
	pam-devel
	httpd-devel
	libtool
	gcc

I extracted the PAM tarball into a directory, and successfully compiled the
PAM module (using 'make' and 'make install').

I've now got the pam module stuff I think I should have:
	/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_auth_pam.so
	/etc/pam.d/httpd

However, when I add the following line in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, and
check with 'httpd -t' I get an error:
	LoadModule pam_auth_module modules/mod_auth_pam.so

The error I get is:
	Syntax error on line 193 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
	Can't locate API module structure `pam_auth_module' in
	file /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_pam.so: /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0:
	undefined symbol: pam_auth_module

I'm hoping I've done something stupid - this is my first attempt at building
and adding an Apache Module.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Scott