httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Scherer" <rsche...@sddpc.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] forward proxy - apache 2,x
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 04:13:07 GMT
Well I'll need to give that a try, but I do believe the Java application runs locally on the
end-users machine so that might not be a possibility. What I was wanting to do was block access
to all IPs other than the IP of the JMS through the proxy. Know of any way to do that?

Thanks!

Rick Scherer
email: rscherer@sandiego.gov

>>> jslive@gmail.com 09/13/04 18:23 PM >>>
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:13:27 -0700, Rick Scherer <rscherer@sddpc.org> wrote:
> I have a rare request, I've been trying to make this work for the past month or so and
any assistance in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. We have a web application that
makes a JMS call using a proxy which I have configured on our internet proxy server. In my
VirtualHost I have AllowCONNECT 4001 set so it can send the request, also I have ProxyRequests
On so the actual Forward Proxy request can go thru properly.

> The real problem is that users can now use this server to proxy to my network and also
to view websites thru it. What I need help on doing is closing off all access to any website
or IP other than my JMS server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what JMS is, but you should be able to use access
controls on the proxy to limit who can connect:

<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from web.application.server