httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry Rappaport <r...@lmr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows 2k Pro install
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:25:00 GMT
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:06:59 -0400, you wrote (with possible editing):

...snip

>Larry,
>
>When installed as a service Apache has a startup argument included in
>the service registry entry. This argument is passed to the starting
>service. Try the following and see if it corrects your problem.
>
>1. go the the apache directory - where you will find apache.exe
>2. type the command : apache -k uninstall
>3. type the command : apache -k install
>
>This sould update the service registry with the new startup information.
>
>Chris Lewis

Thanks, Chris,

	That fixed it.  I changed the startup directory to
"C:/websites" and that points localhost there.  It also allows me to
specify "http://localhost/somedirectory" and it will serve the
contents there.  Just what I needed to do.  Again, thanks.
Best,
--

Larry
Mail may be sent to rapp at lmr dot com.  Please