httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ari Pollak <...@aripollak.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: RewriteRules in httpd.conf don't work in 2.0.51
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:29:28 GMT
Joshua Slive <jslive <at> gmail.com> writes:
> They must either be inside the appropriate virtual host or you must
> set the appropriate RewriteOptions (and RewriteEngine) directive
> inside the virtualhost.  Try it again with the correct placement.

Ah, I didn't realize virtual hosts didn't inherit global rewrite rules by
default, since it seems every other global directive is inherited. Adding:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions inherit

inside the appropriate virtualhost section fixed the problem. I'm not sure why
the rule still didn't work when I took out all the virtualhosts, but I'll just
guess that was a weird typo or something. I'm also not sure why the rule didn't
work when put inside the virtualhost in the first place, but it works now. Weird.

Thanks.