httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SetEnvIf with response code
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:09:44 GMT
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:18:36 +0000, Eimantas Vaiciunas
<eimantas.vaiciunas@sc.vu.lt> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am trying to set up log files for each response code (mostly for 4xx and 5xx
> error responses). I was wondering if it's possible somehow to 'catch' a
> response code, set env-var accordingly and log request into desired file.

No, as far as I know this is not possible.  The response code is known
very late in the request.  So, while it is available at the time of
logging, it is not available for any of the env-variable setting
modules.

But this is such an easy thing to do with a log post-processor, that I
really wouldn't bother.  Just log everything to one file and split it
out later.

Joshua.