httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication Question
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:52:51 GMT
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:49:06 -0700, JP Kelly <listuser@jpkvideo.net> wrote:
> OK but I have seen that with the same browser some web sites (i.e.
> mine) failed authentication gives an error page, where other sites
> re-prompt with name/pass dialog on failed authentication.

Take a look at the full http response sent by the server in the two cases.

As far as I know, this is impossible.  Most likely, you're looking at
a site that is not using HTTP basic auth.  Of course, the browser may
be influenced by some other header like Expires or Cache-Control, but
I have no idea about that.

Joshua.