httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to limit simultaneous CGI processes?
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:46:12 GMT
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:59:00 +0100, Phil Endecott
<spam_from_apache_users@chezphil.org> wrote:
> I have looked through the various configuration options and I can only
> see directives that impose a blanket limit on the number of simultaneous
> requests (e.g. MaxClients).  Is there some way that I can impose a limit
> on only CGI processes?  (Or, equivalently, get the effect of MaxClients
> within a <directory> or <file>?)

There are various modules (like mod_throttle) that do this.  But I'm
not sure if any of them have been ported to apache 2.0.

Perhaps the easiest way to handle this problem would simply be to have
the cgi script do the limitting by locking some file and refusing to
continue unless it gets an exclusive lock.

Joshua.