httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_expire
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:40:21 GMT
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:55:13 -0500, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)
<bp3965@sbc.com> wrote:
> Dear Gurus,
>
> Can anyone give me direction as to how to use this directives? I need
> for 24Hrs.
> Details about it can be found at:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mod_expires.html
> Else please help me if anyone of you have set this in your
> configuration.

Sure, lots of people use this.  What exactly is your question?  What
is it about the documentation that you don't understand?

Here's an example:
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 24 hours"

> Also, should the cache be enabled in httpd.conf?

No, mod_cache is independent of mod_expires.  They do completely
different things.  One tells the clients how long to cache for, the
other does caching at the server level.

Joshua.