httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 hangs my server ....
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:55:32 GMT
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:05:03 -0400, Jonathan Rengifo
<jmrengifo@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems to be working just fine, each of the server process use in
> average 20 MB of RAM which seems good to me, and they use some swap
> too, in average 1.5 Mb per httpd process, I am also seeing a lot of
> RAM to swap pagination 800 p/s . But eventually this just crashes
> twice in a day, making each apache process eat like 800 MB of memory
> (RAM and swap) and after that it hangs the server...

Most likely explination is a misbehaving script/module.  Are you using
mod_perl, PHP, or similar?

You'll need to try to get some idea of what is going on by looking at
the logs (perhaps adding the process id to your log format so you can
corolate with your process listing), the mod_status server-status
page, and perhaps a debugger to attach to the giant processes.

Joshua.