httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Listening on Port 81...
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 02:52:55 GMT
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:25:47 -0500, Jeff White <jlwpc1@earthlink.net> wrote:

> IP Listen List
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/http/http/ip_listen_list.asp
>
> The command line program HttpCfg.exe
> can set and delete Http.sys IP Listen
> List objects....
>
> HttpCfg.exe /? for help.....
>
> Does not work as well as when processes
> "register/reserve" via the Http.sys API, but
> might work until the ASF developers/users
> change the source code.....

Jeff, you are giving me the disctinct impression that you have no idea
what you are talking about -- no offense intended.  The documentation
seems quite clear that this is a way of telling http.sys to not touch
a specific IP address so that another application (like apache) can
use it exclusively.  It is cleary *not* a way to allow sharing of IP
addresses by applications that don't use http.sys.

https.sys is clearly designed for app developers who want to be able
to process http requests without dealing with the complication of
implimenting an entire http server.  Apache is an http server, and
hence has no use for http.sys.

Joshua.