httpd-users mailing list archives

From GH <GaryHo...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setup and configuration problem/question
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:26:28 GMT
Greetings:

   I have a linux computer with Mandrake 10.0 Offical installed.

   During the Linux Installation Process, I chose for it to install
apache (Apache2), PHP, mySQL.

   I am trying to configure the webserver to work... and am failing
misserably as I do not know what to do....

   I can not access files from my other computer only locally.

  Also, I currently have a box running Mandrake 10.0 Offical, a
desktop running Windows XP Pro and a Laptop also running XP Pro. All
connected to a Linksys Router with additional computers (my family
network).

   On the desktop running XP (named 'Cloak'), I have IIS installed to
test my website projects that need to run under a windows environment.
I am able to access that computer's webserver via my web browser by
typing

     http://cloak/

    I would like beable to do that under Linux. (naming it ManServ).
I currently can access the server via FTP with the ip address but
would like to give it a name. Can some one please advise.

Can someone please provide help for either or both of my problems....
I need a good tutorial... as there does not seem to be a clear one on
the http://www.apache.org site.

Thank You

Gary

P.S. I will be glad to give the person(s) who help me the best an
invite to Google's GMAIL