httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache proxy with replace strings?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:00:45 GMT
> Thank you. At first glance it looks like this is meant to be used strictly
> with html links, stylesheets and other URLs. What I need is really a
> replacement of a random string "ABC" with another random string "XYZ". But I
> guess I can use flag R (regular expression matching) for ProxyHTMLUrlMap to
> replace non-URL Strings also, or can I?

Ah, OK.  No, it won't parse body text.  I guess that's another potential
feature request for consideration.  But since the typical document
contains quite a lot of body text, putting it all through a regexp is
going to have a bigger impact on performance than anything it does now.

> And another question; if I use mod_proxy_html this way to replace random
> strings, can I at the same time use it for it's original purpose as well?

You can run any combination of transformations through it, only provided
they're supported in the first place.

--
Nick Kew