httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap problems.
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:26:42 GMT
This doesn't sound like the same problem I had. If the server is
segfaulting at startup you need to use strace or truss to find clues to
the problem. In my situation the connection was segfaulting.

Are you sure this is a mod_auth_ldap problem, what does the error log say?
Are you loading any non-core modules (PHP, ...)?

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I should note that I have tried it without the cache
> entries and it behaves the exact same way.  I will try httpd in single process
> mode shortly, however this server is temporarily serving as a "live" server.
> I'll be able to try this out in a few days again.
>
> Seems so odd to me that apachectl configtest results in a segfault, but when I
> run the configuration test via httpd directly it does not.  The only thing
> apachectl seems to do that doesn't occur when I run it by hand is some ulimit
> settings.
>
> On other caveat I just thought of that may be being influenced by the apachectl
> script--I have the following in my envvars file to make Oracle work:
>
> export ORACLE_SID=dpndb
> export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
> export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1
> export TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1/network/admin
> export TWO_TASK=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1/network/admin
> export NLS_LANG="English_America.WE8ISO8859P1"
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$ORACLE_HOME:/lib:/usr/local/apache2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> export LD_PRELOAD=libclntsh.so.10.1
>
> Anyways, thanks again for the reply.
>
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:39:59PM -0700, John P. Dodge wrote:
> > I had a similar problem on Solaris and the problem was the LDAP cache.
> > Disable this and see if aut_ldap works. Then you can focus on why you're
> > segfaulting with LDAP cache.
> >
> > On Solaris this was throwing SIGADRALN which seemd to be attributed to the
> > Posix compliance expected by GCC and the POSIX compliance offered by
> > Solaris. (i.e something returns a long when expecting an int or
> > something).
> >
> > Anyway I'd disable caching to see if the problerm goes away or use single
> > process mode (httpd -X) to tract the segfault.

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services