httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Move of servers - ip's
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:12:26 GMT
Hi,

we're currently planning a move of our servers.
At the moment, I run Apache 1.2.26 on the machines.
So it can be reached at http://x.x.x.x

Websphere is installed too, and our customers log in at
http://x.x.x.x/ubclaims/home
Traffic is redirected there through an Apache plugin for Websphere.

Now, I'm wondering: what would be the easiest way to alert ALL customers
visiting http://x.x.x.x/
that we moved??
Most of them will enter http://x.x.x.x/ubclaims/home, and then get an error
as we disabled WAS.
Is there a way to lead ALL traffic to ONE page with our new IP on it?

Thanks,

Koen

The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential, and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing
it.

Visit our website http://www.UBench.be