httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Antoine PICOLET" <antoine.pico...@sagem.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Is Apache listening on dynamic IP addresses ?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:33:11 GMT
Hello all,

I would like to make sure of an Apache behavior, before taking it for
granted :

I have a platform whose IP addresses evolve constantly while Apache is
running : some are added, other removed, etc
I noticed that, using a directive like 'Listen *:80', Apache is always
listening on all the platform IP addresses, even if they evolve while it's
running, so that I can reach it immediately with a newly-created IP
address.
This behavior would be absolutely perfect for me. Is it really like that,
or am I mistaking (my tests could be broken, or maybe it works only a
certain number of time, or anything...) ?

Thank you