httpd-users mailing list archives

From "João Gil ACE-SC" <joaogil.ace...@edis.edp.pt>
Subject [users@httpd] How to Configure Apache to detect browser and request apropriade Index.* file.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:07:30 GMT

Greetings,

  Is it possible to configure apache to detect bowser type and depending on
  the browser, apache requests the apropriate index.* file. Eg it the
  browser is a WAP device apache would open index.wml else index.html. If
  it is possible what do I have to do?

  I have tried doing this using JSP. In an index.jsp file I would detect
  the browser and present the apropriate information. But when I tested it
  with my mobile phone I got "invalid file format" error. Looks to me that
  the file being requested by the WAP device has to have .wml extention.
  Therefo I think that the only solution is having apache request the
  correct file depending on the browser type.

  Thanks in advance for any help.

  Warmest Regards
  Joao Gil