httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] FC2 and Apache Cert Creation without passphrase
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:35:25 GMT
I've done a couple of these and created it with a pass phrase and then
removed it.  I forget the command off the top of my head but I found it by
googling.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McMullen [mailto:mlm@loanprocessing.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 5:18 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] FC2 and Apache Cert Creation without passphrase

Hi All,

I have an FC2 system that was sitting idle and I'd like to bring it into
production for as an web server.

Apache is working fine on it and I can make SSL requests with no
problem. It is version 2.0.50 of Apache and the system is in theory
fully up to date. Apache was installed from the RPMs.

The issue is the certificate being returned has localhost.localdomain
listed and no info.

I'd like to create a cert that has it's proper name and information.
I want to do this without a passphrase but using the makefile in the
/etc/httpd/conf directory won't let me enter a blank passphrase.

I've tried googling around and still get the same results; a passphrase
request that when I hit enter says the passphrase has to be 4 chars or
greater.

If someone could point me to the right info to do this, I would
greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,