httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Default virtualhost
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:59:28 GMT

I guess you mean "default virtualhost"?

Answer: When apache cannot assign the request to any particular VH, it
assigns it to the "main server" (ie, the server defined outside of any
VH tags). If there is no main server, it assigns it to the FIRST VH in
the config.

To assign to a VH, the request must match at the TCP/IP layer (IP and
port must match) and, if a name-based VH, the "Host" header in the
request must match the ServerName in the VH.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> thks,
> Alain