httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: AW: [users@httpd] Virtualhost
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:05:27 GMT
Do you not read the responses? I already told you having mulitple
NameVirtualHost directives is wrong and that it's not a good idea to use
domain-names where you should use IP addresses.

Furthermore, for someone who is trying to learn virtualhosting, your
sites are overly complicated with pop-ups, redirection and similar
content. Also, you have many IPs defined for each domain which is
another layer of complexity. I've no idea what's going on and I'm not
surprised you don't either.

One more time:

- use exactly one time "NameVirtualHost *:80"
- use <VirtualHost *:80> everywhere
- use domain names only in the ServerName directives (one per VH)

To check, replace the current complicated index.html files in each
docroot with a simple file, eg:

 <h1>Voici systher1</h1>

 <h1>Voici systher2</h1>

 <h1>Voici azure-palettes</h1>

Only when you get it working at a simple level, can you progress to the
complicated content you want.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.