httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] unable to view my own site
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:55:19 GMT

I assume DNS.net is an online DNS service? It's no surprise that they
can see it since so can everyone else on the web.

Your problem is with your browsing computer's ability to resolve DNS or
its route to the internet. Do other sites work (eg www.apache.org)? Can
you get an IP address for the site using "nslookup" from the browsing
computer?

Is the browser and apache server on the same computer? How is the server
connected to the internet?

Alternatively, something may have changed with your Firewall settings...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

PS - your site is accessible online so no problems with apache or public
DNS.

> If anybody has experienced this, I would be very grateful for
> any advice!
>
> Many thanks
> Sarah

Groupe SWX.