httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: WELCOME to users@httpd.apache.org
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:40:47 GMT

Are you describing the default apache page? Then this FAQ might help:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#domination

Basically, it sounds like you haven't defined your VHs correctly so that
apache is passing all requests to the "default" main server (which has a
docroot of SERVER_PATH/htdocs). Things to check:

- if using name-based VHs, do you have a NameVirtualHost directive?
- does it have the correct argument (if in doubt, use "*")?
- do your VH tags contain the correct IP (if in doubt, use "*")?
- do your ServerNames match the domain-names in the browser?
- do the VHs have distinct DocumentRoots?
- do the docroots contain data?
etc...

Post back once you have more information.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?
>
> Please respond if you need  more information.
>
> Thank you
> Jim Studebaker
> Business
>    Email:  jim_studebaker@dta.state.ma.us