httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: AW: [users@httpd] Virtualhost
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:51:33 GMT

I don't agree. I get two distinct contents. They both contain the string
"SYSTHER1" but that's just because the files contain the same data.
There's nothing wrong with your config - so look again at your
content...

BTW, I notice that you have several IPs defined for these domains (a
many-to-many mapping). There's nothing wrong with this so long as you
use "*" in the NVH and VH directives and so long as your machine is
really listening to all these IPs (ifconfig -a to check). Also, you have
some funny redirection thing going on with ulimit.com - what's that all
about?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> thks,
> alain
> here my real vhost.conf file
>

> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin asiani@free.fr
>     DocumentRoot /home/systher1/www
>     ServerName www.systher1.euro.st
>     ServerPath /systher1
>     ErrorLog logs/systher1-error_log
>     ServerAlias systher1.euro.st
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin asiani@free.fr
>     DocumentRoot /home/systher2/www
>     ServerName www.systher2.euro.st
>     ServerPath /systher2
>     ErrorLog logs/systher2-error_log
>     ServerAlias systher2.euro.st
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin asiani@free.fr
>     DocumentRoot /home/azur-palettes/www
>     ServerName www.azur-palettes.fr.st
>     ServerPath /azur-palettes
>     ErrorLog logs/azur-palettes-error_log
>     ServerAlias azur-palettes.fr.st
> </VirtualHost>
>

> Steffen Heil wrote:
>

> >Hi

> >>NameVirtualHost *:80
> >>

> >><VirtualHost www.domainA.euro.st:80>
> >><VirtualHost www.domainB.euro.st:80>
> >><VirtualHost domainC.fr.st:80>
> >>

> >Nearly.
> >
> >The NameVirtualHost directive's parameter must match the VirtualHost
> >parameter.
> >Remove domain names from VirtualHost and replace them with *:
> >
> >NameVirtualHost *:80
> ><VirtualHost *:80>
> ><VirtualHost *:80>
> ><VirtualHost *:80>
> >
> >OR
> >
> >Use your IP (NOT domain name) instead of the *s.
> >But be sure to use the same all the time.
> >
> >Regards,
> >  Steffen

views of the sender's company.