httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Phil Ewington - 43 Plc" <phil.ewing...@43plc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Port based vhosts
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:47:54 GMT
Hi All,

I am moving websites from one server to another and in order to test the
sites (all have database backends) I am changing the order of the
VirtualHost section on the new server so that I can access the site on my
single IP address. This is working fine but now I have a need to have
multiple sites running on the same IP address, so I thought I would use
ports to differentiate between vhosts. This is what I have...

NameVirtualSever 111.222.333.444:80

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.44:80>
</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualSever 111.222.333.444:81

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.44:81>
</VirtualHost>

Now the vhost for the named virtual server on port 80 is fine, any other
ports are not. As I have Plesk installed on the box (don't even get me
started on Plesk!) I am aware that this is probably not an Apache thing but
if anyone could verify that the above is correct I can rule it out.

thnx,

- Phil.
---