httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] Running Apache under daemontools
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:13:05 GMT
Hi

> My system is a SuSE 9.0, with Apache 1.3.29 compiled by me with mod_php,
mod_ssl and mod_perl.
> Is this [SSL connect error] enough to kill Apache ?
> But, then again, the server is up fou about an year and only recently it
started to die frequently.

Maybe, you should update your apache immediately, maybe in favor of 2.0.50.
1.3.29 is nearly one year old and if you compiled it yourself, and it ran
about a year flawlessly, you surely have no updates included.

If I remember correctly, there was recently a flaw detected in apache /
apache2 which could take down httpd by doing something with SSL. (I believe
this was reported on heise.de recently.)

The older those flaws become, the more virii and root kits try to use them.
So keep your server software current.

Regards,
  Steffen