httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martinez Gonzalez, Francisco" <fmartin...@endesa.es>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] AWStats and security
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:16:14 GMT

Well, I think that the users must know the url for each customer...

If the URL for customer A is:
http://yourpublicip/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=customerA

The customer B can´t look thats stats if he doesn´t know that URL or domain.
And viceversa.

Saludos. Fran.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark McCulligh [mailto:mmcculli@visualtech.ca]
Enviado el: martes, 28 de septiembre de 2004 17:37
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: [users@httpd] AWStats and security

I have a question for anyone else using awstats for their website stats.

I have it installed and running ok. But want to protect the stats so
only valid users can access their stats.  I have created a .htaccess
file to make sure only valid users can get in but how are people
protecting valid users from looking at other valid users website stats.
I don't want customer A looking at customers B stats.

I see that you can have awstats make static web pages using
"staticlinks" but I want to keep it dynamic.

How are other people protecting their awstats.

Thanks,
Mark.

Este mensaje de correo electrónico y sus documentos adjuntos están dirigidos
EXCLUSIVAMENTE a los destinatarios especificados. La información contenida
puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o estar LEGALMENTE PROTEGIDA y no necesariamente
refleja la opinión de ENDESA. Si usted recibe este mensaje por ERROR, por
favor comuníqueselo inmediatamente al remitente y  ELIMÍNELO ya que usted
NO ESTA AUTORIZADO al uso, revelación, distribución, impresión o copia de
toda o alguna parte de la información contenida. Gracias.

This e-mail message and any attached files are intended SOLELY for the
addressee/s identified herein. It may contain CONFIDENTIAL and/or LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED  information and may not necessarily represent the opinion of
ENDESA. If you receive this message in ERROR, please immediately notify the
sender and DELETE it since you ARE NOT AUTHORIZED  to use, disclose,
distribute, print or copy all or part of the contained information. Thank
you.