httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Ming" <Ming...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Install module using apxs
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:16:24 GMT
Hi -

I have apache 2.0.49 running on a Solaris system.  I use apxs to add
mod-proxy to the server.  I ran

./apxs -c -a -i /download/httpd-2.0.49/modules/proxy/procy.c

it installed the mod_proxy properly to the web server.
The mod_proxy.so has been created, new line to load the module in the
httpd.conf also has been created.  But when I try to restart the server, I
got this error message:

Cannot load /opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy.so into server: ld.so.1:
/opt/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy.so: symbol ap_proxyerror: referenced symbol
not found

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks for any help.

- Ming