httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Strickland, Lawrence P" <Strickla...@uihc.uiowa.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems Building and Using mod_proxy_html
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:39:33 GMT
Okay I will give this a shot on my Suse 9.1 box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Cline [mailto:willc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 2:37 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Problems Building and Using mod_proxy_html

Thanks Steve and Nick, I was able to successfully build mod_proxy_html.  Steve you were  correct,
once I got libxml2 from xmlsoft.org (instead of Redhat) I was able to cleanly build the module.
 And Nick you were correct that it worked even with the several lines of code commented out
(which I have added back in now).

I have successfully substituted a string in an HTML page <a href="http://www.msn.com">
comments </a> with another url

I am struggling with the  Extended function (substituting with JavaScript).  I'll work on
it for another day but may be back with a question or two.  Part of my page goes missing when
I run with my current ProxyHTMLURLMap (with ProxyHTMLExtended on).  I think it is user error
so I will study up on the directives a little more.

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Will Cline
IBM Corporation
Advanced Technical Support for Pervasive Computing
4200 Frost Ct
Raleigh, N.C. 27609
919-877-3942 or tieline 254-3942