httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Manigault" <man...@dunncenter.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache httpd.conf file
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:07:34 GMT
I have attached a segment of my httpd.conf file for some questions that
I have.

1.  The NameVirtualHost section should it have my servers IP address in
it or a star or should it be commented out?  What does the star in that
field mean.
2.  I also have  VirtualHost section at the bottom for a second website
on the same system.  It that set correctly?  Notice the Document Root
section.  Is that overridden if there is another DocumentRoot defined in
the conf file?  I am not getting the correct page.  I get one of the
error pages.

Thanks.
=====

#
# The following directive disables redirects on non-GET requests for
# a directory that does not include the trailing slash.  This fixes a
# problem with Microsoft WebFolders which does not appropriately handle
# redirects for folders with DAV methods.
#
BrowserMatch "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider"
redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch "^WebDrive" redirect-carefully
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.50

#
# Allow server status reports, with the URL of
http://servername/server-status
# Change the ".your-domain.com" to match your domain to enable.
#
#<Location /server-status>
#    SetHandler server-status
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from .your-domain.com
#</Location>

#
# Allow remote server configuration reports, with the URL of
#  http://servername/server-info (requires that mod_info.c be loaded).
# Change the ".your-domain.com" to match your domain to enable.
#
#<Location /server-info>
#    SetHandler server-info
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from .your-domain.com
#</Location>

#
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
#<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
#ProxyRequests On
#
#<Proxy *>
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from .your-domain.com
#</Proxy>

#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
#ProxyVia On

#
# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines:
# (no cacheing without CacheRoot)
#
#CacheRoot "/etc/httpd/proxy"
#CacheSize 5
#CacheGcInterval 4
#CacheMaxExpire 24
#CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#CacheDefaultExpire 1
#NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu joes.garage-sale.com

#</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on
your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them. Most
configurations
# use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't need to worry
about
# IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the directives
below.
#
# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/> >
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
#NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.50
#NameVirtualHost *
#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost sharkattack.homelinux.com>
ServerAdmin webmaster@gwshark.homelinux.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/gwshark