httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Gill" <Ben.G...@t-mobile.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Running scripts as different users
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:14:09 GMT
Hi,

I have 2 applications (PHP) running under my apache 2 server
(httpd.2.0.50) server and it runs as user apache.

My htdocs area looks like this:

htdocs/appA
htdocs/appB

Currently appA and appB are owned by apache.

I would like appA to run as userA and appB to run as user appB.

I would like the applications to both be accesible via port 80.

Is Suexec my only solution here?

I got the impression (from reading a lot of posts) that in Apache 1.x
you used to be able to do this using VirtualHost tag.  But I tried using
SuexecUserGroup inside this tag and this did not work either (maybe
because I did not explicitly compile apache with Suexec support?)

Any help would be appreciated....