httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAP...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring Automatic SSL Redirect for Apache 2.0.50
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:16:05 GMT
Hi there --

I am in the process of setting up an automatic redirect to a secure port. The
route that I am taking is configuring the httpd.conf file with a VirtualHost.
The syntax that I have entered is the following:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80>
ServerName example.com
ServerAdmin webma ster@example.com <mailto:ster@example.com>
DocumentRoot /www
Redirect / <https://example.com/>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:443>
ServerName example.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com <mailto:webmaster@example.com>
DocumentRoot /www

SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
</VirtualHost>

The error message that I am encountering is the following:

Syntax error on line 1137 of ..httpd.conf: Invalid command 'SSLEngine' perhaps
it is misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration.

I have installed ssl onto the server and there is a LoadModule ssl_module
modules/mod_ssl.so line as well as an IfModule section that reads Include
conf/ssl.conf.

I have not made any changes to the ssl.conf file.
What do I need to do to be able to have the automatic redirect work? Thanks.