httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davy Durham <ddur...@davyandbeth.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HUPing apache kills too many processes
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:55:11 GMT
Hi,
  I'm finding that on my mandrake-10.0 system (using
apache2-2.0.48-6.3.100mdk ) that under certain circumstances sending a
HUP signal (kill -1) to the master httpd2 process running as root is
causing other non-apache processes to die.  One process that it's
killing is a script I wrote where I've trapped signal 1 and have
confirmed that my script is receiving a signal 1 at the exact time the
httpd process is hupped.

  I searched the bug database a bit, but it's a difficult thing to
search for and I did not find anything.

  Is there / has there been any problems like this that are known
about?  I can't reproduce it as a simple case.  But I can reproduce it
100% of the time in my more complex situation.    I think it's basically
happening to processes that are started soon after just having done an
/etc/init.d/httpd graceful.

  I'll work to reduce it to a simpler and reproducable procedure if
necessary.

Thanks,
   Davy