httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Moreira <luis.more...@esinnovation.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Images not visible in website
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:08:46 GMT
I still don't know if it is Unix or Windows.
Ergo the logs I told him (her ?) to check...

dirk wrote:

>Sometimes its also a problem of false rights management. The user the
>webserver is running at, needs read permissions on the images.
>

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:45:46 +0100, Luis Moreira
><luis.moreira@esinnovation.pt> wrote:
>

>>The "x" means that, if you are sure the image exists, you are referring
>>to it with a wrong name or path.
>>If the image is on a Unix/Linux machine, a wrong name can come from a
>>capital letter in the wrong place ("Image001" is different from "image001").
>>If the server is Windows, you can be using a wrong path (or name, for
>>that matter).
>>
>>This tag

>>is a relative one, and assumes that there is a directory called "images"
>>under the "doc root", and that's were the image is.
>>
>>Luis
>>
>>Naveen B M wrote:
>>

>>>I get a 'X' mark at the place where the image is supposed to be. This is an intranet
site and is visible from any other PC in the network, the only issue being that the image
is not displayed and i get only the 'x' and the image name in the place where the image is
supposed to be.

I am not able to view any images in my webpage. I believe there is some configuration parameter
in apache configuration file, I will be glad if any insight is given in this regard, which
will enable me to view images/graphs.