httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger <crosseyedpeng...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Intermittent 404
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:55:38 GMT
I have had two instances of intermittent 404 errors while testing an
application with Apache 2.0.50 on Fedora Core 2. I could find no reason
for the 404 error and the pages were rendered correctly just by
retrying. In both instances, the page in error was a cgi request using
mod_python and Webware. As expected, the Webware logs show that it did
not receive the requests.

To complicate matters a bit, I have recently started using virtual
hosting and both transaction urls would have been the subject of a
mod_rewrite rules. I was using IE 6 from Windows/XP with the SP2 upgrade
when the problems occurred. Other than the above 404s I have not noticed
any other problems. I have looked over my httpd.conf file, but don't
understand how a messed up config file could lead to an intermittent error.

I have noticed there was an upgrade to Apache 2.0.51 available and have
installed that.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem and
what to look for should it occur again.

Roger