httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gianluca Bosco <g.bo...@bitache.net>
Subject [users@httpd] conf/ssl.conf being ignored by Apache? Why?
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:26:08 GMT
Hi,

   I'm trying to get Apache 2.0.51 to work with SSL support, which I
need for setting up a secure webmail service.

The problem is that - Apache seems to ignore the configuration settings
contained into the file conf/ssl.conf, thus making the SSL feature
totally unavailable. As an example, the "Listen 443" directive into
ssl.conf is ignored since if I try to telnet 443, no answer is given. In
addition, the presence of typos (made on purpose, to test whether
ssl.conf is loaded by Apache) does _not_ make Apache to complain.

What might make Apache to ignore the file ssl.conf?

Some information you may deem useful:

1) httpd.conf contains:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
     Include conf/ssl.conf
</IfModule>

2) ssl.conf exists and is readable in the stated directory

3) "./httpd -l" gives has an output:

  mod_ssl.c

4) Apache has been compiled with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache-2051 --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/opt/openssl-097d --enable-so

Can you help me with that?

Thank you very much!

-Gianluca