httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need assitance with configuring apache2 to allow access to website files
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:41:06 GMT
The My Computer Preperties does it for Windows and uses Net-bios for the
name propagation.
Your Win system can see the Linux box if you have Samba running on it....
Samba config details would be off-topic.
Else you might want to check how to map IP -> hostname on Win - on Linux
it is done by /etc/hosts.

Aman Raheja