httpd-users mailing list archives

From cw <apache-us...@fidei.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Document Root
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:03:27 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> What happens if you type "ls /users/cluestick/public_html/"?
Thanks for the reply,
If the pathname has the leading / then it won't find anything as there
is no /users directory.
If I am in /var/www and do "ls users/cluestick/public_html" then I get
the directory output.
I *could* cludge it by putting in a symlink for /users but I'd rather
figure out the cause of the problem.

> I think the problem is that you're switching on "Options FollowSymLinks"
> too late. You have specified this for
> /var/www/users/cluestick/public_html but in fact the symlink is in
> /var/www.
The default has FollowSymLinks on anyway so it should be inherited for
/var/www should it not?

<Directory />
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None