httpd-users mailing list archives

From cw <apache-us...@fidei.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Document Root
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:33:43 GMT
This one should be nice and simple and I'm probably missing something.

I have webmin and virtualmin running to set up virtual hosts on OpenBSD
3.6 snapshot (12th or 13th). The virtual host entry in httpd.conf is
tagged on at the bottom. All requests to the vhost are returning a 404
with things like this in the error_log:
"File does not exist: /users/cluestick/public_html/"

/var/www/users is actually a symlink to /home/httpd:
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  daemon       11 Sep 17 15:57 users -> /home/httpd

/home/httpd/cluestick is as follows:
drwxr-xr-x  5 cluestick  cluestick  512 Sep 20 11:36 cluestick

So basically, is the problem:
a) that Apache is dropping the /var/www
b) something to do with the symlink
c) something to do with the permissions on /home/httpd
d) something completely different.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Regards,
Colin.

<VirtualHost *:80>
User "#1002"
Group "#1002"
ServerName cluestick.co.uk
ServerAlias www.cluestick.co.uk
DocumentRoot /var/www/users/cluestick/public_html
ErrorLog /var/www/users/cluestick/logs/error_log
CustomLog /var/www/users/cluestick/logs/access_log common
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/users/cluestick/cgi-bin/
<Directory /var/www/users/cluestick/public_html>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>