httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pat. Redivo" <pred...@asetechs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Execution of a CGI --> creates a new window on "Windows XP"
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:43:15 GMT
Hi,

I was using Apache V2.0.50-win32-x86, on Windows 98 without any problem
but I encountered the following problem on "Windows XP".

To summarize, I have a cgi script written in Perl, that calls other
scripts or programs  (see   script example below):
when I run this script from Windows XP Internet Explorer, a new empty
window appears with title "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE'.
(this was not the case on Windows 98, neither on Linux).
Why does this window appear?
Is it due to the way I am calling the script (I tried  START "" /B  perl
TT.pl     without any success!!)
Is it due to my configuration file?

The result is OK but this is really unconfortable because my application
calls cgi script very often.

Many thanks,

Pat.

PS:
Example of scripts : (running AC.cgi leads to open a new empty window !!)

1/ CGI script (AC.cgi)

#!perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n\n";
print "IN AC \n";
@TAB = `perl TT.pl`;                                      ##### I tried
to use START "" /B  perl TT.pl     without any success!!
print @TAB;
print "END AC \n";

2/ called Perl program (TT.pl)

#!perl