httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mário Gamito <gam...@netual.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running Apache under daemontools
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:45:49 GMT
Hi Jim,

Yes, i'm aware that daemontools is not an elegant way to solve the issue.
My system is a SuSE 9.0, with Apache 1.3.29 compiled by me with mod_php,
mod_ssl and mod_perl.

The last error i got before my Apache last death is this one:

"[Mon Aug 23 20:48:17 2004] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed: HTTP
spoken on HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error page
  (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Mon Aug 23 20:48:17 2004] [error] OpenSSL: error:1407609C:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint: speaking
  HTTP to HTTPS port!?]

Is this enough to kill Apache ?
I got a lot of these and Apache doesn't die.

I would blame SuSEs' compiler.
It is a real crap. I can't even compile mod_rewrite with it.

But, then again, the server is up fou about an year and only recently it
started to die frequently.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito