httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject [users@httpd] Seeking basic how-to for HTTP GET/PUT-based file transfer
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:17:50 GMT
I know this isn't entirely Apache HTTPD and I imagine I've missed some obvious article or resource
but I've searched the FAQ and the web and not found an answer.

I'm using httpd 1.3 and I want to use GET and PUT to transfer some little files in a fairly
restricted set of circumstatnces but I haven't found anything that tells me how to do that.
 I imagine I have to put something in my web page that invokes something in the browser and/or
server to initiate the transfer, name the file, etc.  I imagine there's some things I need
in httpd.conf, too.  But while I can find partial clues here and there, I haven't found a
recipe.  A pointer at a good resource or a little tutorial would be most appreciated.  Thanks.